Monday, June 25, 2012

Week 38 - June 26, 2012

        Transfers 3-5...

Aloha everyone,
Thank you for the email, mom. It's always so great to hear about how everyone is doing and that everyone is doing good. It sounds like it will be a pretty busy summer, at least until after the ward temple trip. I'm glad Kauluwehi's graduation and getting settled into her apartment at BYU has gone well. It sounds like she's all set to have a great time over there. Kauluwehi's roommate sounds interesting. It's funny that her mother is the one that doesn't speak any Chinese. It sounds like Kauluwehi's freshmen orientation and all of that other stuff was a lot of fun too. I'm sure Mikela and Keanu both had a great time. And you've done all of her grocery shopping for eight weeks? That's a good while. It also sure sounds like her ward for the next little while will be fun. How has Kauluwehi been feeling lately? I'm sure pretty excited, as she's starting this next phase of her life, but anxious and a little nervous too? Does she feel pretty ready to live up there by herself? She's so organized and smart that I'm sure she'll do really awesome.

I remember EFYs being a lot of fun, and I'm sure Mikela made a lot of new great friends. I remember it being pretty hot too, with the sun out and shining at full blast everyday. I'm surprised she didn't get burnt, I think even I did one year. Staying with Kauluwehi in her apartment must have been a lot of fun for them both.

Elder Ige is in an area called Fussa with Elder Young from New Zealand. I'm pretty sure they have a U.S. Base in their area. Elder Young and I were in the same apartment in Inage my first transfer so I know him pretty well. From what I've heard from them, they're really having a lot of fun. I also heard from him about his sister getting married. I didn't know that they'd be moving out to Virginia soon though.

I heard about the NaHoku Awards from U'i. And I'm sure they did great as usual.

That fire causing evacuations sounds scary. My companion is from Spanish Fork, and he said he lives about 45 minutes from that area.


That's pretty exciting news with Laneta and their new baby.

The closest Costco is in Machida... it might be listed as in Tama though. If you're going to send pictures there it might be better to just have Sister Saribay bring them, because we aren't sure when the next time we'll be heading out there is, and there's a possibility that I'll transfer out of the area in a few weeks.

Our week here in Sagamihara has been great. The Nishimura family you asked about seems like they're doing well. They are always really happy and smiling, we just wish we'd see their daughter in church more. I'm not sure what she's interested in... I know she really is a great person though. Everyone just has to continue loving her. Last night (Monday) we had a lesson with our investigator, Silvia. Brother Nishimura jointed for us, and it was a great lesson. I was pretty stressed out before the lesson because we couldn't find anybody to joint with us. Because Silvia is a girl we have to have a joint or we can't teach her. Her lesson was at 7:00 pm and it was about 6:20 pm and we still had no joint, so I called her and asked if we could have her lesson from 7:30 pm instead. That was fine with her and it gave us more time to keep calling around for someone to help us. We called Nishimura kyodai and he was more than happy to. He came just before the lesson started, and he was really the best joint that I could imagine us having. It was really through God's guidance that we were able to have him with us in the lesson. God just wouldn't allow anyone else to joint, he was the one that was supposed to be there to help us help Silvia. We taught her about the law of tithing, and Nishimura kyodai was able to help her understand the importance and the blessings of tithing so well.

A highlight of this week would have to be the all-mission conference we had this past Thursday. It was the last conference with President and Sister Albrecht, and the last time most of us will see them until reunions after our missions. We were able hear a training from President on being peacemakers vs. lovers. And Sister Albrecht spoke on 'Remembering who we are.' President Albrecht also reviewed many of the things he has tried to stress to the missionaries here over the past three years. We had a great lunch, with a bunch of fun games, and were priviledged to hear from a band called 'Blessed 4.' They're really popular here in Japan, and are members in the stake I'm currently serving in. After their mini concert, we had a testimony meeting for all of the missionaries returning next month, as well as President and Sister Albrecht. That was great of course. Our new president and his wife, President and Sister Budge, will be here in just a couple days. From there they will hold conferences with each of the nine zones of the mission and meet and interview each missionary. Then two weeks after they arrive we have transfers, so it'll be interesting to see how the first one with our new president will go.

Here's a thought:
You are stronger than you think. Heavenly Father, Master of the Universe, is your creator. When you think you can't, know that you can, because, 'there is no obstacle too great, no challenge too difficult, if we have faith.'

I know that our Savior Jesus Christ lives, because he lives in all of you. He lives when you show and share His love, and He lives when you live His teachings and follow His perfect example. Always remember the wisdom found in Moses 5:34... "Am I my brothers keeper?" Always know that God and His Son love you more than you can ever imagine. Always know that I love you too. I love you all so much!!

Have a great week! Take care.

Love,
Elder Rindlisbacher

No comments:

Post a Comment