Monday, May 27, 2013

Week 85 - May 27, 2013

Hello! 
It's good here in the mission home. This week we've had a good amount of time outside talking with people and it's been a lot of fun. We have a bunch of really good investigators and with just a few more we'll be able to teach over 20 lessons a week, something we're striving for as a mission. One of our investigators, Hara-san, was baptized on Sunday. He's been taking lessons for 3.5 years and it showed in his gospel knowledge. I'm really glad he finally decided to make the commitment and be baptized, he'll be a great member. I'll attach a picture.

This week we have a conference with all of the second transfer missionaries and their trainers as well as a conference with all of the zone leaders and sister training leaders. This transfer is especially busy because President Budge has interviews with each missionary, Elder Ringwood (Area Presidency) is doing a mission tour, and the mission is splitting after this transfer. We're getting by pretty well so far but I'm sure things will continue to get busier and busier.

In good news, my debit card worked today. Before the machines wouldn't accept it, it never let me get to the entering pin stage, but today it worked.

I went on exchange to an area called Kofu, out in the country. It's the first time I've ever really left the city my entire mission. It was really beautiful. We gardened a little with a less-active member from Washington. I'll attach a picture.

We're continuing to meet with Arvin, the Filipino boy I wrote about last week. He's doing great and we hope he can be baptized soon. He has work on Sundays so we're trying to help him to keep the Sabbath Day holy. He really wants to attend church. There's a scripture in the Bible, “Again the next day after John stood, and two of his disciples; And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God! And the two disciples heard him speak, and they followed Jesus. Then Jesus turned, and saw them following, and saith unto them, What seek ye?” (John 1:35–38). Arvin is one of the most humble seekers of righteousness I've ever met. He's so sincere in his desire to know truth and follow God. He truly just wants to follow God and be a blessing to his family.

Have a great week, I love you!!!
Elder Rindlisbacher

P.S. I've cut my own hair my entire mission and I finally messed up and took a good chunk out... thus my buzzed head. But, it's almost summer and it's nice to not have hair anyway! I actually like it a lot.



                                                  Hara San's baptism

 
   Gardening with a member in Kofu

No comments:

Post a Comment