Monday, July 29, 2013

Week 94 – July 29, 2013
Hello Everyone!
Elder Olson and I have had a great week here. President Wada was actually in America this week so we used it to go on companion exchanges. I was able to go to Machida, Atsugi, and Kanagawa.
My time with the Machida Elders (zone leaders,) was a lot of fun. We worked as a three-man and I tried to teach them to always be talking to people whenever and wherever they were. I know that great friends and investigators can be found through that. Elder Olson is a great example. We found many new potential investigators and saw a great miracle as we were ending the exchange. At the station waiting for Elder Olson, we met and talked with a small group of teachers from a nearby international school. They invited us to come and visit their school next month and meet their students!
My exchange with the Elders in Atsugi was really interesting. Elder Hoshino and Elder Takaya aren't zone leaders or anything, I just felt like it would be good to go on exchange with them. I've actually been on exchange with Elder Takaya probably ten times now, but this was my first time working with Elder Hoshino. Atsugi isn't a very metropolitan area, but still not extremely rural. On my mission I've been used to always having a lot of people to talk to, but walking down the streets in Atsugi, there are a good amount of buildings and homes, but not really anybody in sight. I guess they all head into Tokyo for the day to work. I think we all got to know each other better and learned and grew.
With going to Kanagawa, I worked with my former companion, Elder Hill, and Elder Olson worked with his MTC companion, Elder Young. Elder Hill is a great missionary and I was inspired, as always, by his faith and diligence. We had a great time preaching the gospel together.
Other than our exchanges this week, yesterday Elder Olson and I went out and had a bunch of great conversations. We had about four hours on the streets and met many great people. We received six phone numbers from strong potential investigators and hope to begin meeting with them soon. We also had an investigator, Jett, attend sacrament meeting and Sunday School and have a great time. If you remember, he's the one whose Gospel music class we went to. Anyway, we've been trying to always have our investigators sitting on the third row with a member and it's been working really well. Sister Wada also attended the meetings here as President Wada was away (they're normally at different wards each week speaking) and she fellowshipped Jett and bore great testimony. We're hoping we can have him and his family to the Wadas' home for dinner sometime soon.
Last night Elder Olson and I went with Sister Wada to pick President Wada and their youngest son (of two,) Takuto (who's 15 going 16), up at the airport. We got back and to sleep around 1:00 am. I guess that might not sound so interesting to you as you don't have a curfew to be in bed by 10:30 pm, but after getting up at 6:30 am and going to sleep at 10:30 pm every day for a year and a half it gets pretty crazy to stay up until 1:00 am. Not getting much sleep has caught up and I'm pretty tired today, but will probably get some good time to rest. Hopefully, at least, as this week will be another busy one! 
We have a few appointments with investigators this week. In addition, we'll be having a training for a few missionaries to improve their translation skills for upcoming conferences, we'll attend the temple as one of Elder Olson's former investigators will be going through for her first time, and we'll be having another mission leadership council. Also, this Saturday is Elder Olson's 21st birthday. This week, as all others, will be as good as as hard we work. That's normally how it works, the more you put in the more you get out.
I have one favor to ask of mom. I'll send in another email the username and password I'm using to apply for BYU because I'll need you to help get transcripts from Kamehameha Schools and UH - Maui sent. If you also see other information that you can enter in it would help out a lot. If possible, would you be able to have that done by the end of the week?
Other than that, is there anything anyone would like to know? If anyone has any questions about my area, the mission, Japan, etc, I'm sure I could make my letters a little more interesting. Anyway, I love you all so much!! Thank you! Have a great week! 
Love,
Elder Rindlisbacher

No comments:

Post a Comment