Monday, April 22, 2013



Week 80 - April 22, 2013
 
Hello!
The work's great. I have a great companion in a great area. We've been super busy lately as zone leaders trying to go on exchange with every elder in the zone.

We had a Three-Zone Conference (about 65 missionaries) this past Tuesday where Elder Hill and I trained on teaching simply. We made visual aids for each missionary and taught how to use them, went over how to begin lessons, and how to plan lessons effectively. The other two zone leader companionship's trained on following up daily and testifying powerfully and inviting boldly. The objective of the conference was 'becoming master teachers.'

On Saturday, an area in the zone, Kamiooka, had a baptismal service for two of their investigators. Elder  Coakley from the Big Island is training a new missionary there. The service was great. One of the investigators being baptized is about 20 years old. He used to play basketball with the missionaries twice a week, and eventually heard the lessons. The other investigator baptized is the mother  of a recently returned missionary (Elder Takahashi) who served in Hawaii. He served in Waiehu for a little while and knows the Nitta Family. He returned in March and was able to baptize his mom. The spirit was super strong. This is the gospel. Friend baptizing friend. Son baptizing mom.

Elder Hill and I were able to take one of our investigators who will be baptized this next Saturday, to the baptismal service. Today he passed his interview so we had him try on white clothes and started getting the program ready. He's a really, really  shy guy, so we helped him write his testimony down so he could share it at his service. It's very simple and says basically, I met the missionaries about two months ago. I wanted to know what kind of place church was. I learned the path to happiness through sacrament meeting and the missionary lessons. I felt that the gospel of Jesus Christ is important. I felt calm when I came to church. And I was able to repent. I feel I receive faith through reading The Book of Mormon. I feel like I can go to heaven. I look forward to the future with all of you. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."

The time's going by quickly. Always remember what's truly important. I love you. Take care.

Elder Rindlisbacher

No comments:

Post a Comment