Monday, June 10, 2013



 
Hello!
Well, I wanted to begin this email by saying that I got my Japanese Driver's License today on my first try... but I didn't pass! It's not really a test of driving skill, it's a test of how well you can take the test. I've been studying and practicing for the past few days for it. Anyway, there's a super narrow s curve section of the test with a really small curb on each side and I climbed one of them a little equaling an automatic fail. I talked to the instructor afterward and he said that other than that everything was perfect and I would have passed if I had avoided that curb just a little more. I'll have to try again in a few weeks. And with that there have been no assistants who have received it on their first try (at least within the past year.) Elder Olson took three tries to pass, but at least one of us has a license and can drive! The instructors are just very strict and there are a lot of rules that are different than in America. Especially after the new mission opens, Elder Olson and I will probably be doing a lot of driving. Other than my driving test today we've had a pretty eventful week. 

We had three three-zone conferences with Elder Ringwood and his wife as they toured the mission this past Wednesday to Friday. They all went great and it was great to have the opportunity to attend each of them. Elder Ringwood spoke and trained on different topics with each conference so Elder Hamada, Olson, and I definitely learned a lot. I took a lot of notes. 16 missionaries from the mission (5-6 after each conference) were interviewed, including us three. I was amazed at his humility during my interview as he asked only two questions: "What can I do better tomorrow?" and "How can I help you?"

Things will probably be getting a lot busier here in the mission home as the opening of the South Mission gets closer and closer. Elder Olson and I are very excited. We don't know too much about what we'll be doing after President Wada arrives, but we're doing our best to get everything that we can ready. Today we will be having three more missionaries come into the mission home, two of which will come to the new mission with Elder Olson and I as the commissarian and recorder.

How has everything been back home? Now that summer's begun I'm sure everyone's around doing various things. What's everyone up to and how's the ward doing? How is everyone's personal Book of Mormon reading? And the family reading, for that matter? Take time every day to do it no matter how busy or hard it may seem. Trust in the Lord, His promises are sure.

Thank you for your love and support. I pray that you will always live to feel the spirit. Take care, I love you!!!!

Elder Rindlisbacher

No comments:

Post a Comment